HEPA VACUUM CLEANERS GUIDE
Do You Really Need A HEPA Vacuum Cleaner?
HOW TO FIND THE BEST HEPA VACUUM CLEANER
The optimum type of HEPA Vacuum Cleaner for Your Specific Application depends upon several factors including:
- Your Vacuum Cleaning Requirement - Light-Duty Residential or Heavy-Duty Professional Janitorial Cleaning?
- The amount of Surface Area that you need to vacuum clean, & whether it's open or with many obstacles to maneuver around?
- The type of flooring that you need to vacuum clean, carpet, hardwood, other bare flooring, mixed flooring...?
- Your other vacuum cleaning requirements, stairs, drapes, upholstery, wet/dry...?
- Your Budget?
Residential versus Professional Janitorial HEPA Vacuum Cleaners
Many Residential-Duty HEPA Vacuum Cleaners are designed to do a good job cleaning the wide variety of flooring, upholstery and drapes found in our homes. Most of these relatively lightweight and portable machines are designed to be used for up to about 3 hours per week.
Heavy-Duty Janitorial HEPA Vacuum Cleaners are typically expected to work 30 or more hours per week. There are many different types available, some specialized for particular vacuum cleaning situations like wide-area machines for cleaning large areas of carpet, or backpack units for interim cleaning of lounges and other furnished areas. We particularly recommend the heavy-duty vacuum cleaner ranges offered by Clarke and also those offered by Windsor.
Think About Your Primary Cleaning Needs and Your Secondary Cleaning Needs Before Trying To Select Your Optimum Vacuum Cleaner:
Residential Vacuum Cleaning
Professional Janitorial Vacuum Cleaning
Canister versus Upright HEPA Vacuum Cleaners
Canister style and Upright style vacuum cleaners represent the 2 most popular types of HEPA Vacuum Cleaners available for residential use and for many janitorial cleaning operations.
In most Residential Applications - Canister Vacuum Cleaners are considered superior:
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners are lighter and more maneuverable to operate than uprights
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners can move seamlessly from carpets to bare floors to rugs...
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners often have suction control as a standard feature
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners offer convenient tool storage
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners easily adapt for use of different tools without overbalancing
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners offer self-storing retractable power cords for easy management
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners can be easily stored in an upright position just like uprights
Upright Vacuum Cleaners generally provide greater suction power compared to canister vacs at the same price level, so if you only want to clean carpets an upright may represent better value for you than a similarly priced canister HEPA Vacuum Cleaner.
In Janitorial Cleaning Applications - Upright Vacuum Cleaners with wide heads and powerful multiple motors are usually more appropriate where wide areas of potentially heavily-soiled carpet have to be cleaned quickly. There are also Heavy-Duty Canister HEPA Vacuum Cleaners, Wet/Dry HEPA Vacuum Cleaners, Backpack HEPA Vacuum Cleaners and Ride-On HEPA Vacuum Cleaners for use in a wide range of commercial, institutional and industrial cleaning applications. See Clarke and Windsor.
How Clean Is Your Building - Is It Dobmeier Professional Clean?
Login For Best Available Discount Pricing On Quality HEPA Vacuum Cleaners
If You Need Help Finding The Optimum HEPA Vacuum Cleaner For Your Application
Just Ask A Dobmeier Expert - Call 1.800.870.2006 Or e-mail
HEPA Vacuum Cleaners
Hoover Windtunnel T-series HEPA Upright Vacuums
The Dobmeier HEPA Vaccuum Cleaner Guide
Friendly Expert Advice
Need Help With Cleaning Supplies, Equipment, or Parts?
Ask A Dobmeier Expert
We're Here To Help You!
Call 1-800.870.2006 or e-mail
Get Your FREE
Don't Want An Account?
SSS Triple S Distributor
What Is A HEPA Filter?
True High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters must be at least 99.997% efficient at filtering 0.3 micron diameter particles, allowing no more than 3 particles in 10,000 to pass through them.
There are True (Certified) HEPA Filters and other 'High Efficiency Air Filters' available on the market. Only the True HEPA filters are certified to provide HEPA filter performance.
Green Cleaning Products
How Green Clean?